The Clalit Research Institute is a globally recognized innovation center for data science in healthcare. Leveraging one of the world’s largest and most diverse medical databases, our team provides tools and insights to change lives by implementing novel approaches in healthcare.
We are looking for an exceptional biostatistician to join our Data Science Team. As a Research Biostatistician, you will:
• Design advanced statistical research plans on pressing medical questions.
• Extract and clean data, implement analysis, communicate results to stakeholders, and summarize conclusions in written manuscripts.
• Work closely with epidemiologists and clinicians as a dedicated task force.
• Stay up-to-date with advances in the field, expanding the group’s tool set.
• Take part in active group learning through seminars, internal courses, and continuous joint work.
• MSc or above in Biostatistics or Statistics (or related field) with a strong academic record
• Experience in leading or contributing to high-quality medical research
• Complete command of classic biostatistical methods (study design, regression, analysis of variance, categorical analysis, survival analysis, etc.)
• Thorough understanding of both frequentist and Bayesian methodology
• Deep understanding of prediction models – design, algorithms, and evaluation
• Deep understanding of techniques for causal inference from observational data, including adjustment-based and quasi-experimental techniques
• Excellent proficiency in the R statistical language and hands on knowledge in SQL
• Willingness to teach and train other institute members, and specifically to communicate complex mathematical ideas in intuitive ways
For additional details, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include that you are applying to “Research Biostatistician – Position #1007”.